July 20, 2012 - We wish to advise that Tennessee recently approved a Law-Only filing effective August 9, 2012 which we are required to adopt. This information is important as it may impact your Tennessee clients.
Effective for new and renewal business: August 9, 2012
- An overall premium level decrease of 5.1% for both voluntary loss costs and assigned risk rates has been approved. This will be effective August 9, 2012 for new and renewal policies.
- The Tennessee Workers Compensation Medical Fee Schedule Rules became effective July 1, 2005 as part of the Tennessee Workers Compensation Reform Act of 2004. Since the original implementation, the medical fee schedule has undergone several revisions. The combined cost impact of updates to the medical fee schedule effective January 1, 2012 and changes to the fee schedule effective August 9, 2012 was the basis for NCCI’s law-only filing.
- Please note that this change may appear on your client’s policy on the next endorsement or it may be picked up at final audit if there are no endorsements.
SmartCARE® for Smart Employers
- Fireman’s Fund is your best choice for workers’ compensation coverage. Our innovative SmartCARE loss management system is designed to help your customers reduce the number and overall cost of job-related injuries and illnesses. Highlights include:
- Return-to-work Extra Expense payments
- Industry expertise and integrated approach to claims and risk management
- Free access to RiskAdvisor, our 24/7 online risk management resource site
- Global coverage including Mondial 24/7 travel assistance
Many rating factors affect any particular risk, and it cannot be assumed that the percentages listed above in this document will exactly match the rate applied to an account.
Thank you for making Fireman’s Fund your first choice for your Workers’ Compensation customers. Contact your local Fireman’s Fund Workers’ Compensation underwriter for more information.
Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company
The insurance policy, not this communication, forms the contract between the insured and the insurance company. The policy may contain limits, exclusions and limitations that are not detailed in this communication. Coverages may differ by state.